Friday, December 20, 2013

Part I: Fourth of July


I have read the first three chapters so far in The Risk Pool. I didn’t really like how Russo began the book because the first chapter was purely background information, which made it difficult for me to get a sense of what the book was like and really get into the book. However, in the first chapter, I learned that the family lives in Mohawk, and the father, Sam Hall, has not been present in his son, Ned’s life. When Ned was a child, his father “kidnapped” him and took him on a fishing trip, without telling Ned’s mother, whom he lives with. On this fishing trip, Ned realized how much he wished he had stayed home with his mom. Jenny, Ned’s mom, was not happing that Sam had taking Ned and shot his car when he dropped Ned off. This really showed how much Jenny hates Sam and doesn’t want him in their lives. I think Ned is also starting to realize that his dad isn’t a good, influential person to have around.

No comments:

Post a Comment